Register Now your domain name .ES
TuonomeGroup offers you the possibility to immediately verify the
availability of your domain name .ES : simply type the domain name in
question in the search window on top of this page.
Among all the countries belonging to the European Union, Spain is the
country with the most severe and restrictive registation policies for
Internet domain names. There are no territorial restrictions in the
strict sense of the word: both individuals and companies can register
their domain name under .ES, whether they are Spanish or not. On one
condition however: they have to be registered at the Spanish
equivalent of the Chamber of Commerce (Registro). In case of foreign
companies, having various branches, only the first branch, registered at the
Spanish "Registro Mercantil", can register a domain name.
Only one domain name can be registered per company. Various rules,
like in many other TLDs, have to be respected when choosing an Internet
- the minimum lenght is 3 characters, however the recommended minimum
length is 5 characters, in order to avoid conflicts. The maximum length
is 63 characters
- the domain name may not correspond to a Top Level Domain: com, edu,
gov, int etc
- the domain name may not correspond exclusively to a placename (eg.
countries, regions, provinces, isles etc.)
- the domain name may not correspond to exclusively to a generic name (or
abreviation of a generic name) of products, sectors, services, professions,
- May not coincide with Internet terminology (eg. telnet, ftp, web, email
You may ask yourselves: what's left for
me to register ?
- The entire name of your company as it appears
in the constitutional document
- An acronm of the complete name of your company, that is easy to associate to
the official company name
- A commercial name or a legally registered trademark at the Office for
Trademarks and Patents or Harmonisation office of the Internal Market (UAMI at
- Individuals can only register a domain name in case the domain name a
commercial name is or the trademark they own.
The registration term is of one year. The registration
fee is of 1 year.